For incoming freshmen and existing college students
The First Baptist Carrollton Scholarship Committee is pleased to announce that for the 2017-2018 school year, the church has scholarships available in the following areas:
Students attending public and private colleges, universities and seminaries
A student majoring in music
A student accepted to or enrolled in a registered nurse (RN) program
Requirements to Apply:
In order to apply, applicants must:
- Be an active member of First Baptist Church Carrollton.
- Have at least a 2.5 grade point average. (Note: Second semester funding of all scholarships requires the recipient to maintain an overall GPA of 2.5 (on a 4.0 scale) for the fall semester, with no individual class grade falling below a “C-.”)
- Plan to enroll in an institution of higher learning for at least 12 credit hours each term in the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Complete the application form and include transcript and photo.
- Submit completed application form, with transcript and photo, no later than May 5, 2017. (**Incomplete or late applications will not be considered.**)
The following scholarships are only available to high school students graduating in June 2017:
High School Senior Scholarship
A $500 scholarship awarded to one graduating high school senior attending any public or private college or university.
Martin Family Scholarship
A $500 scholarship awarded up to three grauduating high school seniors attending any public or private college or university.
Rip and Nan Cannon Scholarship
A $500 scholarship awarded to one full-time student majoring in music at either a public or private college or university; if not awarded to a music major, will be awarded to a seminary student.
Faye Lynn Taylor Memorial Nursing Scholarship
A $600 scholarship awarded to one full-time student accepted to or already enrolled in a registered nurse (RN) program at an accredited institution.
Please note, many Baptist schools will match scholarships awarded by churches for incoming freshmen.
Scholarship recipients will be selected based upon involvement and leadership in church activities and overall Christian character, as well as the specific scholarship descriptions. Consideration for a scholarship will be based on the information on the application and the interview. College students will not be required to interview with the scholarship committee.
Important Application Dates
- April 10, 2017 | Scholarship applications available (application form)
- May 5, 2017 | Deadline for receipt of all application materials | Scholarship Committee selects semifinalists and schedules interviews (Committee will contact the students to set interview times)
- May, 2017 | Scholarship Committee interviews semifinalists
- Early June 2017 | Scholarship recipients notified
Thank you for participating in our scholarship process. We are thankful for those who have faithfully given over the years and who continue to give to be a blessing to students and families in our Church. If you have any questions regarding any of the scholarships or the application process, please contact the Student Ministry Office or call 972-512-3860.